Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beading is...Stress Therapy


I made this bracelet while staying in Madeira Beach during our kitchen/family room demolition phase (see my new blog "Age of Destruction at http://ageofdestruction1.blogspot.com/.) I went to the local bead store, Celestial Beads, and bought my supplies and sat down with Anne to make an Autumn-themed bracelet using a pattern by Deborah Farrand. I used Swarovski Pearls in Burgundy, Swarovski crystal bicones in Crystal Copper and a Miyuki seed bead mix in Golden Grains (topaz, brown, beige and cream). The clasp is a sun/moon toggle in antique gold.

I really enjoy beading no matter where I am. I have a plastic portfolio case that I cram with all my latest projects and a travel cosmetic bag crammed with more project components and beading tools. Needless to say, I don't always have what I need to finish a project...jump rings, thread protectors, the 'perfect clasp' or ear wires, but I've got plenty to keep me busy beginning a new project or continuing an existing one. While the house remodel rains chaos and insulation down on my head, I know I'll have a peaceful time in my bead room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!