Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wire Work Newbie Tries Her Hand At A Perri Jackson Tutorial




I am sooooo envious of all the superb wire work and metal artists in our community. I have been admiring the designs of so many artisans, but haven't had the nerve to venture into the realm of shaping wire into intricate patterns and sculptural shapes. Then I happened to find Perri Jackson's DNA Twist tutorial (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShaktipajDesigns?ref=seller_info) and decided to take the plunge. I was skeptical, not about Perri's ability to write and illustrate a tutorial, but about my ability to follow the instructions and replicate the pattern! However, I did exactly as Perri outlined and wound up with my first woven wire pendant. Admittedly, I was afraid to use precious metal wire and crystals on my first attempt, so I used the very inexpensive 'Fun Wire' and seed beads. Hey! Ya gotta start somewhere :P Perri writes her tutorials in such a well conceived and illustrated format, it was a blast from beginning to end!! I think I'll make another one...this time I'm going all in =)

1 comment:

  1. Tammy - you did a beautiful job! I'm so happy that you found the instructions clear and followable. Can't wait to see the 'precious' versions!

    :^D
    Perri

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!