Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Limon Byzantine and Celtic Flowers

Am I in a citrus-y mood or what? I had started out with the intention that I'd make another Japanese 6:1 bracelet, but my hands had other 'ideas'. I decided that a Byzantine chain, interrupted by Celtic flowers or knots, would be bright, cheerful and not too floral.

I have recently purchased four (4!) books on chain maille. Two are by Scott David Plumlee: Chain and Bead Jewelry, Geometric Connections and Chain and Bead Jewelry, Creative Connections. The other two are Chained by Rebeca Mojica of Blue Buddha Boutique and Link It! by Susan C. Thomas. All three chain maille artists are innovative and exciting designers. Something I admire and aspire to be myself, when/if? I grow up ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!