Monday, April 11, 2011

Sonoran Sunrise


I have been eager to finish this beaded tubular netting necklace for quite some time. The tubular netting technique actually works up quite quickly, but I must not be the fastest beader in the West ;D I had chosen the colors, turquoise-colored jasper and orange carnelian, because I was in a Southwest frame of mind for some reason. As it turned out, I wasn't the only one. One of the patrons of my local bead shop came in with her version of a Southwest jewelry design the day I was finishing mine! I happen to love the colors of turquoise and orange nestled in a bed of silver. I also made a pair of beaded bead earrings to coordinate, which for me is a big accomplishment...I always forget to make the earrings :P I have started a bracelet in a combination of Czech glass druks in garnet with the turquoise-colored jasper with silver accents and made a coordinating beaded bead dangle.

2 comments:

  1. REALLY beautiful. I love these. Your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally! This was a fun set to make. I really love beaded beads, they are so versatile!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!